Friday, May 7, 2010

Getting ready for the monkey party...

The theme for Taylor's party this year is monkeys!  She loves monkeys.  In case you didnt know, her entire bathroom is monkeys, she's got a bunch of monkey stuffed animals, a few clothing items with monkeys on em, so why not throw a monkey party?! 

I got the inspiration from this...
This is her bathroom rug.  For some reason, looking at this one day inspired the idea for a monkey-themed birthday party and monkey-themed cakes.

So....I decided to make two cakes. We're supposed to have 20 adults and 8 children at tomorow's party, so I'm thinking we'd need more than one 10-inch cake.  I am making a yellow cake and a chocolate cake. 

So I started with the basic cakes. (The small cake was used to make the ears on each cake)






And they eventually formed these.....



And.....the finished products....
 



I'm actually quite happy with how they turned out.  If you've ever worked with fondant, you know it can be pretty tricky and sometimes a pain, but I think I did well :) 

Now it's time to party.....after a good night's sleep, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment