Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The "other" side....

So, for years I've had to shop on the girl side of the major clothing stores (babies r us, gymboree, children's place, gap, carters, etc) and always looked over on the other side thinking of how cute and preppy the boys clothes were and I couldnt wait til I could shop boys clothes one day.   Of course, the day we found out it was a boy (last Friday), me and Taylor headed to the mall here.  Our first stop was Gymboree, where the only cute thing in the entire store was a onesie that said "Little Brother" but cost 15 stinking dollars!  Too much for ONE onesie if you ask me (I miss the outlets at Potomac Mills ugh).  Then we headed to Gap where everything was an ugly animal theme. Not like cute puppy dogs and such....more like elephants and rhinos.  Not cute at all if you ask me.  Oh and their whole 0-6 months section was a whopping 5 different shirts and a few pairs of shorts.  The girls side has HUNDREDS of options.  Then we headed to children's place, where the clothes were halfway decent and I found what I was looking for!

Had to get a "little brother" onesie, since Taylor has her "big sister" tshirt.
And also found this:

I figured it would get Tim in the mood for his little boy.  He wanted another girl, but he's slowly starting to warm up to the idea of a little boy! 

And after another trip today to the mall, I found a few more cute things! 

The onesie on the left has a MEERKAT on it!  How cool is that?  We love meerkats in this house!  Tim's gonna love that one!  And on the right was the only elephant print that was actually cute.  And I figured that sleeper will be money!  IT UNSNAPS IN THE FRONT!  And if I remember correctly, Taylor LIVED in onesies and sleepers for the first 3 months of life!

And of course, something for daddy.  :)

**Dont worry, I wont post pictures of everything clothing item we buy/get from this point on, if he's anything like his sister, he'll have a closet full (yes, we have spoiled kids).  I'm just so excited to be shopping on the "other" side now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment