Thursday, July 22, 2010

Operation Baby Boy Room 2010: THE RUG

So every nursery has a rug in it (I couldnt tell you why, but when you look at sets, they all have rugs...Taylor's has a rug).  So in googling (yes, google is now my best friend these days), I found a really cute rug I liked.  However, they were asking $100+ for it!  No kidding!  So I figured I used to do latch-hook kits in high school back when and actually had fun and those things usually ended up lasting me a while.  So, why not?

This was my inspiration for my rug (the one they wanted $100+ for!):


We all know when "making" my own, it wont be this awesome.  But it'll be awesome in the fact that I MADE IT!  HA!  Eat that Martha Stewart!

And here's the "rough draft" of my rug.  I measured and drew it all myself...took me a whole day to get it right and of course, I made it a little more realistic than the rug above (i.e., the blue lines are closer to the center line than the goals, goals dont look authentic,etc). 

Wish me luck...it's taking me a while.  I've been working on it here and there (when Taylor naps or after she goes to bed at night) for almost 2 weeks now.


No comments:

Post a Comment