Friday, May 9, 2008

5 day checkup...let the doctor's appointments begin

We had Taylor's 5 day appointment today with the pediatricians. She had to have her blood drawn from her foot for her jaundice test. Her billirubin came out a little high, but the dr said she should be fine and to sit her in sunlight for a few days.  So that's our plan.  We'll just scoot her bouncer up the windows and let her chill there til she goes blind.  But oh man, watching them poke her is just the worst site I ever thought I'd see. I didnt really see the pokies being done to her in the hospital because there was so much going on, I sort of "missed" it. Thank goodness.  Funny, I've been afraid of needles my whole life and now I have to watch my kid get poked...it's horrible.


Taylor was 20 inches and 7 lbs, 7 oz when they checked her today. It's normal for babies to lose some weight the first 2 weeks, but after that they should be caught up to at least birth weight. She comes back when she's 2 weeks old so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment