Sunday, March 21, 2010

Big Girl!

For the past month or so, before we put Taylor in the tub, I'd strip her down and sit her on her big girl potty.  We bought a dora potty seat that sits on top of a regular toilet.  I wasnt expecting a miracle as I wasnt really planning on tackling potty training til after we moved, but I wanted her to get used to just sitting on it.  At first, she was afraid, but then once she realized she was sitting on Dora's face (um, before you make a comment, just remember we're talking about an almost 2 year old sitting on her potty...you pervs), she was okay with the seat.  Plus I figured when she did eventually pee, we'd cheer her on like crazy and maybe she'd wanna do it all the time. She LOVES to hear how she's a "big girl" so I figured this would help!

So, a month of sitting her on her potty chair....and finally tonight, she decided she wanted to pee!!!!   I was ecstatic.  Since it was my bath night, I was right there with her while Tim was finishing up some stuff downstairs, so I yelled to him she was peeing.  We cheered her on and she was excited!  Let's hope it's the beginning of the process. But again, I'm not "pushing" it til this summer, so we're taking it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment