We have decided to break Taylor of the paci. I had said from the beginning that 2 years old was the limit for having a paci in your mouth anyway. I cant stand to see parents walking around with a 3 or 4 year old with a paci hanging out of their mouth.
We also decided on this for two apparent reasons: 1) She's almost 2 and seeing her walk around with a paci in her mouth just didnt seem right anymore. And 2) She keeps chewing holes in them and of course, thinking she'll choke on the pieces, I kept buying new ones. No more.
Tonight was the first night we put her to bed without her paci. She laid down fine, never whined for it and stayed quiet for about 10 minutes or so. But after 10 minutes had passed, she started playing in her bedroom...and still is, 20 minutes later. Ugh. It could be worse, she could be crying for the paci. I guess I shouldnt speak too soon. That might be next. Ugh. Let's all just hope she eventually just passes out. We'll see...
24 hours and still paci free with no break downs!
ReplyDelete