Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yes, we're still alive...

Dont send out a search party just yet. We are alive.  It's just that my laptop finally took its last breath and died on me :(  My $800 laptop lasted for a wonderful 6ish years. It made it through 5 moves (2 states), multiple travels, a couple of power cords, a few dozen upgrades and viruses, and 2 years of a kid's life.  I'd say I got my $800 worth :) RIP HP.

But, I'm back...or at least I hope. Tim took the harddrive out of my laptop and put it in an old desktop computer he had lying around (my mouse looks like it was made in 1980 LOL) and we're back up and running. 

Um, as usual, not much has happened...we're not that exciting...but let's see if I can give you a good update.

1.  Taylor's still cute as ever.  She's still not close to potty training. We tried panties once or twice and it didnt even phase her.  I also tried candy as a bribe for going on the potty but now she just wants to sit on there , not go and still get her candy (though she doesnt get it when she doesnt go, but assumes she will...ugh).  

2.  We traded in both our cars for a MOMMY MOBILE!  Yup, I am officially a minivan driver.  We got a 2010 Volkswagen Routan.  IT. IS. AWESOME!  I never thought I'd enjoy having a minivan so much, but if you've ever been in one, you know it is saweet!  And we've already tested out the double screen dvd entertainment system in the back in the past few days.

3.  Speaking of which, Tim is agonizingly looking for a cash car.  We've been on craigslist for a few hours now trying to find him something. I leave on Thursday for Ohio and he'll have no vehicle after I leave, so he's been desperately searching. I think a trip to Atlanta to look at a few is in our future for tomorrow. Ugh.  Thankfully, we have a DVD PLAYER in the van to keep Taylor busy.  And the way I see it, I can take a pillow and crawl into the back seat and sleep...HAHA Love it!

4.  Um....I'm still uncomfortably pregnant and this kid still better make me millions.  Though sleeping has become much harder these days because my stomach has been pushed up into my chest and I have raving heartburn every night and have actually awaken to puke in my mouth (yummy, right?) because of that reason.  UCK. Last night I had to practically sleep sitting up.  But yes, still pregnant and still looking forward to November!

5.  The baby's rug is done!  And looks great!  All I have to do is figure out how to finish the edges.  I havent decided if I'm going to sew some rug binding around the edges or just use some yarn to kind of crochet around the edges.  We'll see. But it looks awesome!  And I'll post pics when I have time...hopefully tomorrow. I'm so far behind. 

Uh...I think that might be it.  If I left something out, I'm sure I'll catch it eventually.  I plan to get up some pics tomorrow, I hope I'll have time.  Got some pics of the rug, the new van, more Taylor pics (of course) and if Tim gets a car, we'll even post a pic of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment