Friday, September 10, 2010

Ohio, oh how I've missed you...

Taylor and I decided to take a trip to Ohio...for almost a month!  Yup, you're reading that right.  My cousin on my dad's side got married Aug 14, so I wanted to be there for that.  And Tim's Mom's side had a family reunion up in Toledo labor day weekend, so being they were 3 weeks apart, we decided just to hang out in Ohio and do both.  Tim had a few trips planned anyway and I hate when he's on his trips, so I figured it'd be good company.

We got there on Aug 12 and stayed until Sept 7.  It was AMAZING!  Well, except the staying with my parents part. Who really loves to stay at their parents' house?  I dont care if I was 30 or 50, I just hate staying at other people's house. It's the whole "out of your element" thing that gets me. Not to mention Taylor gained some bad habits being out of her element.  With the average of ten time-outs per day (for just plain old not listening) and the gained bad habit of sleeping in bed with me, it was rough for her.  But she loved being around Nana and Papa, Uncle Shane and the doggies. 

The first weekend I was there, I got to attend my cousin's wedding. It was really nice to see everyone on the Miller side.  Well, I guess just the few immediate cousins. And Sam looked amazing!  But it was fun.  I got to see my "real" dad, which doesnt happen all that often.

(Me and my dad---notice his Mickey Mouse tie...yup, that's my dad for ya)

(My cousins Sam and Ski----brother and sister)

And, of course, I enjoyed being in Toledo because of the approaching fall weather (which made for great bonfires in the backyard!)

(Taylor and Uncle Shane chillin by the fire)
(She loved it!)

And jeds!  Which we ate 4 times while I was there!  Yum.  If you know me, you know I talk about it often, but Jeds is a restaurant in Toledo that serves boneless chicken chunks in their special sauces or done up in really cool ways (my dad always eats the Bacon Double Cheese balls...which are basically a heart attack on a plate).

One of the weekends on the trip, my mom's side of the family (the Cooper side) had a 50th wedding anniversary celebration.  I got to meet my mom's Uncle and his wife.  Good people!  And fun, I know if I had spent more time around my Great Uncle growing up, we would have gotten along great! 

(This is my Great Uncle Danny and his wife, Gloria---like I said, fun people!)

And to top off the trip, we had the family reunion out at Maumee Bay.  I took my camera, but for some reason I only got a total of 5 pictures. Dont ask.  But it was fun. It was the Fournier side, which is Tim's Grandma's maiden name, so it was a good 5 generations of his family, that was neat to see.  Of course, my favorite person there....


(I think she knows she's cute)

All in all, I think it was a fun trip. I am looking forward to living back home for a while here in a few years.  It's going to be.....amazing, great, exciting, awesome.....yup, prolly every adjective in the book!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete