Thursday, October 28, 2010

The adventures of Taylor the Preschooler :)

So a little background:  For the past few months, I've become a freaking hermit and can barely do anything with my Taylor.....even get on the playroom floor and play with her.  For fear of her turning into a hermit and not having any social interaction with other kids, I decided to sign her up for preschool.  Most of the kids in the neighborhood go to a local baptist church for preschool (they have a 2, 3 and 4 year old program) so I decided to look into and loved it!  She goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-1:30.  And she started this past Tuesday and absolutely loves it! 

DAY 1: Of course, I thought this was going to be harder on her....and ME, but she was a pro. All her teachers and the other moms said she acted as if she's been there all year! I was so proud to hear that. And of course, it made it easy on me.

All ready for school!

This is where she was when I left her, she could have cared less that I was leaving :(

DAY 2:  After her first day, she couldnt stop talking about school!  And last night when we put her to bed, she was so excited to wake up and go to school the next morning!  Even when she woke up, she was so impatient and kept asking when it was time for school!  She barely made it til 9:30! LOL   She started on a good week too, this was the day of the Fall Fest. They were scheduled to have a pumpkin hunt, a hayride and lots of cool things planned. Unfortunately, the weather killed all hopes of having it outside so they set up in the gym.

Day 2...impatiently awaiting time to go!

Choosing a pumpkin!

Decorating her pumpkin!

Having a snack!

Decorating her scarecrow! She's a pro!

Taking a hayride between rain showers!

And finally, walking back to class....IN LINE! 

I will have to say it's been a very bittersweet week for me.  My baby girl is growing up and way too fast if you ask me.  I thought it'd be years before we had to experience the preschool thing, but it came sooner than I had hoped.  And she has made it so easy. No tears, no attachment issues, she's just having a ball! 


1 comment:

  1. Did you have your baby boy yet? Cant wait to see your new addition!

    ReplyDelete