As if I had time (or remembered) to blog before, now I am the proud parent of two kids and will, officially, have no time at all to blog. (Does anyone even read this?)
Cooper is here. I'll post pics when I have time (haha...I hope), but for now, the details:
He arrived on November 11, 2010 at 2:26 pm. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs, 4 oz and was 20.5 inches long. I started having high blood pressure issues and after a few days of tests, they determined I have pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) and decided to go ahead and induce me for fear that my bp would get too high. I was induced the night of the 10th, starting around 9ish. After a crap night of sleep and being doped up on painkillers all night for mild contractions, I asked for the epidural at 6 am (I was only dialated to a 3, but they were painful and I'm a baby, so what) and called my mom to head up to the hospital. It took the anesthesiologist (sp?) two tries but I was nice and numb. Then came the hard part. Around noon-ish, the nurse realized that they had never turned me from laying on my right side (I had been that way ALL NIGHT and DAY!) and Cooper had lodged himself in my right side and was somehow blocking my epidural from working. They kept calling it a "hot spot", but I could feel everything! Every contraction, movement, etc. So they flipped me and tried to position me to get him to come down the birth canal. After laying there feeling every freaking contraction in that "spot" on my right side for what seemed like days (but was only an hour or so), I thought I felt the "bear down" thing they always talk about. (I had NEVER felt it with Taylor because I was extremely numb and felt nothing LOL) so we called in the docs. Sure enough, it was close but not time. This happened about 2 or 3 more times. I think it was more my impatience, but I swear I kept feeling like he was right there! Time was ticking and with every contraction (worst pain I've ever felt in my life by the way), I was getting more tired and worried I wasnt going to be able to get him out! Around 2pm, I felt it for real and it was time! So the docs came in and we started pushing. And lemme tell you, I felt everything. UGH! And yes, it was the worst pain I'd ever felt. And yes, I can remember it (for now). And yes, we may be done having kids after this one! HA! You think I'm kidding? Try birthing a 9lb, 4oz kid out of your who-ha!
But Cooper arrived safely and he is definitely a keeper! He looks exactly like his big sister did at this age! Funny to say that and even funnier I keep looking at her envisioning him at 2, except with shorter hair and boy clothes of course :)
But we're all doing well. It only took Taylor a few days to understand he wasnt in my stomach anymore and now she loves him and looks after him (She has to kiss him goodnight every night on her way to bed or she freaks out!). We're just all adjusting to life as a family of four :)
Lol, Try not having any epidural at all.
ReplyDeleteIt is very painful - but I still like labor over the nine months of pregnancy...
Can't wait to see pictures of him!
ReplyDeleteJust waiting for christmas picures....I imagine you are very busy....but can't wait....Love, Mom Tomes
ReplyDelete