Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sleep? What's that?

I keep wondering when we're going to hit that stage where BOTH my kids sleep through the night......I just hope I make it til then.  I mean, they are born from two people who love sleep.  Tim, though he stays up all night loves sleep...and can sleep through a freaking hurricane or tornado if it came down to it.  And me, holy crap...I NEED my sleep or I'm the biggest, crankiest person known to man.

Think I'm just whining? THIS was my night below......

8:15 pm---Lay Cooper in bed, try the Ferber method. After 30 minutes he's asleep!  (thanks Sarah and Christina for referring it, I'm going to keep at it)
8:30 pm---Go lay Taylor down.  She screams, cries and throws a fit like every night we put her to sleep. 
9:00 pm---Daddy goes and lays with Taylor since he's a big pushover.
10:30 pm---went to bed
11:00 pm (ish)----Daddy comes to bed.  Of course, if I was sleeping at this point, I'm not anymore.
...until 2:00 am----Mommy tosses and turns all night, yes we've already established I have insomnia.  But my dr said to only take my meds once a week she doesnt want me to get addicted to them, so I take them on the weekends.
2:00 am---Taylor wakes up screaming "Mommy".  In fear that she'd wake up Cooper, I went and laid in her bed til she fell back asleep. 
2:15 am---Mommy back to bed 
2:30 am---Taylor wakes up screaming again for "mommy". Cooper starts to stir. Mommy lays in bed with Taylor.  Taylor falls asleep but wakes up again within 10 min and starts crying. 
3:00 am---Mommy takes Taylor to mom and dad's bed. She passes out....literally on top of me.
3:30 am---Mommy decides to go sleep on the couch....cant sleep, getting kicked, elbowed and even headbutted once. 
 **I swear these kids have mommy magnet in them or something. Everytime I lay them in bed with me, they end up curled up in my side or on top of me, leaving me literally 2 inches of my Eastern King Sized Bed.  Ugh
4:00 am---Cooper wakes up and starts to cry. Mom does the "paci dance" every 10-30 minutes until he finally falls asleep at 6am. (during this time, Taylor keeps wimpering in her sleep for mommy while Daddy sleeps deeply next to her)
6:00 am---Mommy lays back down on the couch and begins to fall asleep.
6:10 am---Daddy's alarm goes off.  He hits snooze every 10 minutes until he finally gets up at 7:15 am! 
7:30 am---both kids up.  Mommy's day begins with 3 crappy hours of sleep.

And this was a tame night where Cooper actually slept for a big chunk of it, normally he's up ALL night. 
But seriously, I need to hire a night nanny or start drugging my kids so they sleep (I'm kidding of course). 

No comments:

Post a Comment