Taylor wont be 2 years old for another few months....May 4 if you wanna talk technicalities. But she's already sooo stinking smart....way beyond a normal 2 year old. I know, you're thinking "Okay, everyone claims their kid is smart." And yes, most people will claim their kid is smart and to them, they may be. But lemme tell you just how really smart Taylor is and you be the judge...
**She can sing her ABC's. Yes, sing them. She may not be phonetically pronouncing the letters right, but you can tell what letter she's singing when she's singing the ABC song!! And the funny part is you can pick any phrase out of the song and she'll tell you what's next. In other words, I can just sing (out of nowhere) "QRS" and she'll say "TUV"! So smart!
**She can identify pretty much all but 5 letters in the alphabet. Yup! And to prove it, yesterday we went to the mall and she's walking along and stops at the Banana Republic Window and starts pointing out letters...."B A M A M A R E P B L C" (obviously you can tell which letters she's not quite sure about in there yet). LOL It was cracking me and Tim up. And as I'm changing her diaper two days ago, she was holding a dog I got from Victoria Secret that has the word "LOVE" printed on it's back. As I'm changing her, she is spelling L-O-V-E. Too stinking cute!
**She can spell and identify her name! Tim and I were standing in the kitchen a few days ago while she was finishing up her lunch and all the sudden, she says "T-A-Y-L-O-R, TAYLOR!". We are always spelling her name...whether it's writing it on a piece of paper, her doodle board, or just spelling it as we speak. And up until that point, if I write or spell out her name, she'll say "Taylor" because she knows it's her name, but that day she SPELLED it ALL ON HER OWN! And hey, to her credit, Taylor is a hard name. It's a whole whopping 6 letters long! Not like Ann, or Mae, or Bob, or Jim, or Tim. It's TAYLOR!
**She can identify any number 0-9 no problem. Okay, okay, she gets stuck on 9 and calls it 6, but c'mon how close is that?
I just cannot believe she is this smart! Let's just hope she makes mommy and daddy millions of dollars one day! HA HA Or heck, even if she cant make us millions of dollars, I'm sure she'll be the one to cure cancer, or do something really really important :)
Looks like her good looks isn't the only thing she got from me!
ReplyDelete