Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowmaggen 2010---Part 1---February 5-6

In case you dont watch the news, have no TV, and dont live anywhere near the Northeastern part of the nation......Washington DC and surrounding areas have been hit with the "Storm of the Century".  Some have called it the "Snowpacolypse" or "Snowmaggen".  From what I hear, the only person who doesnt have a name for it is Al Gore.  He's trying to figure that one as we speak.  It's been super duper awesome! Besides being stuck in the house with Tim since last Thursday (he he love you babe!).

The first part of the storm happened on February 5-6.  It dropped about a total of anywhere between 2-3 feet on us in a matter of 24 hours!! 
This was our view out the back door (our deck) at 11am the day of the storm!
Our deck at 11am...snow covered about 1/4 of heighth of deck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was the bush and car at 1pm the day of the storm...still coming down!
This was the deck at 1pm.  About 1/3 of the heighth!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3pm the day of the storm....same bush, same car, which was slowly disappearing!
3pm---same deck...except about 1/2 of the heighth was covered!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this was 5pm...when I finally decided to head out and dig us out!
The view when I got out to the street of our front door!
Starting to try and find my car!!  Holy crap!
Slowly revealing that my car was, in fact, actually under all the snow!!!
Crazy!  I miraculously made it to the edge of the driveway!
The tunnel leading to our front door!  The bush is in there somewhere!
The sun came out and so did the neighbors!! Everyone was ready to dig out!
The tunnel that is our driveway!

I took a total of about 50 pictures, but these were just some of my favorites that I just had to share on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment