Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our first Lent...

Today marks the beginning of Lent.  And we're celebrating this Lent season by attending Ash Wednesday mass together.  This will be Taylor's first opportunity to receive her ashes and mine as well.  In case you didnt know, after much thought and prayer, I have decided to convert to the Catholic religion. I have been attending OCIA classes regularly since summer, but I just recently decided that I wanted to convert.  I do believe this is a step I was meant to take. 

Why am I telling you this you ask?  The reason I'm writing and telling you all this is because for my first Lent, I have decided to give up my computer. No, not completely, but I will give it up for ALL BUT 1 HOUR a day.  And this hour HAS to be after Taylor has already gone to bed or while she is napping.  I feel I have become too addicted and too dependent on my computer and feel this would be the best thing to give up for Lent.  Though my email and this blog are my top priorities when I do get on the computer, I wanted you to know this just in case it seems I'm not blogging anymore. I'm still here, I'm still going to try to blog, and worst case scenario, I'll be back to catch up on the blogging after Easter. 

Hope everyone is well and Happy Preparation for Christ season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment